The REAL Great Lakes Lacrosse Invitational!
We sold out the last three years and we expect to again this year! Plus with more games this year, we will be even more popular. Don’t delay your registration.
In our 11th year of delivering the greatest experience for your lacrosse dollar. Thank you for your continued support as we grow the game throughout the Midwest.
Centrally located between Chicago and Detroit, right in the heart of the Midwest and a growing hot bed of lacrosse talent.
What makes us THE place to be for lacrosse in the Midwest?
- Sold out the last three years
- 5 games guaranteed (you asked for more and we deliver)
- Girls event ranked top 2 in the Midwest; Boys event ranked top 5
- Most diverse competition (teams from CO, IL, IN, KS, KY, MI, MN, MO, NC, NY, OH, TN, WI and Canada)
- College Showcase (48 colleges from 12 states have attended — click here for list)
- Online Schedules and Scoring w/text alerts, updates
- Centralized location (less than 6 hour drive from most Midwest cities)
- Lower cost per game (why pay $1000 or more elsewhere for LESS?)
- Full-length games on full-sized fields
|Tournament Dates||July 10-12, 2015|
|Primary Complex||Boys: Waverly Sports Complex - 160 Snow Road, Lansing, MI 48911
Girls: Hope Sports Complex - 5801 Aurelius Road, Lansing, MI 48911
Midway between Chicago and Detroit. Within a six-hour drive of almost every major Midwest city.
|Games||5 game minimum
1 Friday (after 4pm), 3 Saturday, 1-2 on Sunday.
Two 25 minute halves, running clock, 5 minute halftime
|Tournament Format||We are open to all school and club teams.
Boys 10v10, Girls 12v12.
Games will start Friday at 4pm, Saturday and Sunday at 8am, and finish Sunday by 6pm; the better you do, the later you will play on Sunday.
All games will be officiated by at least two certified referees and scorekeepers on field.
If weather conditions dictate, the tournament committee reserves the right to shorten or cancel games, as necessary, without rebate of entry fees.
|Pricing||Early Bird: $1,000
Late Fee $150
|Deadline for Entries||Early Bird: 04-15-2015
|Age Cutoff||The Tournament follows US Lacrosse age divisions:
September 1, 2014
|Division Guidelines||U1x club divisions: Oldest player on each team must meet the age group requirement.
Note: Any player that meets the U15 age requirement may play U15, regardless of any HS experience.
Graduation year divisions: Team must be made up of players from the corresponding HS year, though players may play up. Graduating seniors are welcome to play on HSA teams.
Players may only be rostered and play for one team during this event, no exceptions.
|Competition Levels||A, B, C
A – Top 20% of all teams, players are skilled and have been playing many years, may travel nationally
B – Average team, mixture of highly skilled and regular players, local and regional travel
C – New team, inexperienced players, mainly local games, first tournament
All teams will be slotted into one of these levels based on experience and quality of application. Number of teams accepted will vary based on strength of entries.
Tournament committee reserves the right to combine divisions where appropriate.
|Note on Age Groups||**Please indicate your team makeup (player's age/grade) in the Team Breakdown section**|
|Awards||Individual awards for each member of the Championship and Finalist teams in each division, maximum of 22 per team.|
|Hotel Website Link||Official Housing Service|
|Hotel Information||All out-of-town teams are required to book their hotel reservations through our Official Housing Service, Premier Sports Events. This service is being provided to ease the search for hotel accommodations in the Lansing area. They have secured discounted tournament rates and room blocks at hotels that are conveniently located to the fields. Please contact them as soon as possible to ensure availability.
Housing Contact Information:
Premier Sports Events, Inc.
|Tourist Information||Why Lansing?
Things To Do
Lake Michigan is only a short drive away
|Schedule Release||Schedules will be published on the Monday preceding the event|
|Paperwork Deadlines||Rosters/Profiles submission by email are due 06/30/2015.
Waivers are turned in at Check-in.
See Forms / Rules for more details
|Contact Information||Tournament Director, Alan Maxwell, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Referees / Umpires||If you have interest, please contact Tournament Director|
|College Recruiting||CaptainU will be providing this service|
Forms and Paperwork Requirements
All forms are downloadable from the website, just click on the form name below:
- Roster Profile – HS-aged teams only (HSA, HSB and HSC) Must be completed for Captain U inclusion. Roster Profile forms must be emailed by June 30th to GLLIDirector@aol.com.
- Youth Roster – Non-HS aged teams (U15 and under) Each player must be listed and include jersey numbers (no duplicates). Team Roster forms must be emailed by June 30th to GLLIDirector@aol.com.
- Waiver of Liability – All Teams Must be signed by each participant or guardian (if under 18) and the team coach. Waiver of Liability forms for all players must be turned in, as a team, on Friday, July 10 between 12pm and 3pm at tournament HQ.
NOTE: Failure to provide this information at the time requested may result in disqualification of the team.
Maps and Directions
- Map and Directions to get to Boys Fields : 160 Snow Road, Lansing, MI 48917
- Waverly Field Layout
- Map and Directions to get to Girls Fields : 5801 Aurelius Road, Lansing, MI 48911
- Hope Field Layout
College Coach Registration
We are looking forward to an extraordinary event for this year’s Great Lakes Lacrosse Invitational. We are bring together one of the finest groupings of competitors from the Midwest and across the country. We will have all the teams playing five (5) games over three days in a schedule that will allow you to see as many games/players as possible. We will be publishing the schedules in early July, but we know you want to get our weekend on your calendar now.
48 colleges from 12 states have attended previous tournaments – Click here for list!
Our tournament staff is making a concerted effort to cater to our college coaches who attend. This year we have put together a fantastic offering to bolster your recruiting dollars. Here are the features that make this event a must on your recruiting calendar:
- Premium Profile Books for all HS-aged teams participating.
- Free lunch and dinner provided at the tournament from our fabulous food vendor.
- Hydration is paramount in July and we will have a cooler of free refreshments available in the HQ tent
- Hotel Assistance from our housing service, Premier Sports Events, Inc. (Phone: 888-417-6446)
And, if at any time you have any questions or comments during the event, we will also have tournament staff available at the tournament Headquarters.
To register, complete the form below, or contact us via email. Please feel free to contact us should you have any questions. We look forward to seeing you in July.
Alan Maxwell, Tournament Director
269-353-9341 | email@example.com
Early Bird Pricing
Register for our events before the specified Early Bird Deadline and you will receive a $200 discount off the standard event cost. No Discount Code needed.
Multiple Teams at One Event
If you bring 3 or more teams to the same event, you will receive a $50 discount for each team. Use the Discount Code, MULTITEAM50, when you register your teams.
Multiple Events by One Team
If you bring your team to more than one event, you will receive a $50 discount for each event. Use the Discount Code, MULTIEVENT50, when you register your teams.
Multiple Teams at Multiple Events
If you bring 3 or more teams to more than one event, you will receive a $100 discount for each team. Use the Discount Code, MULTIMULTI100, when you register your teams.
Holiday Bonus **Expires February 1st!**
If you register your team before February 1st, you will receive a $100 discount for each team. Use the Discount Code, NEWYEAR100, when you register your teams.
**Only one Discount Code allowed per team registered**